Beef Management Software
The Plan-A-Head Beef Management Software allows you to manage your herd(s) and individual animals efficiently and profitably.
The Plan-A-Head Beef Management Software allows you to manage your herd(s) efficiently and profitably. This program was developed in consultation with most of the Breed Societies in Southern Africa. The Plan-A-Head Beef Management System provides data recording, verification and processing according to ICAR (International Committee for Animal Recording) guidelines.
Fertility, Weight gains/losses, Feed consumption, Genetic and Sales data.
Can be linked to electronic scales as well as stock control devices.
Graphs of herd breakdown and weight gains.
Sync data with scales and RFID readers for stock control.
Features of Plan-A-Head Beef Software:
- AI or Group Servings – If the user is doing AI, this can be recorded per individual cow, and pregnancy tests then entered against each AI record. Should the user be doing group servings, he can enter the date the bulls entered the herd and date they left and a serving record will be created for each cow in that group. Bull conception stats can be extracted.
- Calvings – Progeny and inter-calving periods showing cows that have not calved annually. Birth Notifications can be printed for the Breed Society or sent electronically to Stud Book
- Weight recordings – Average daily gain (ADG) and enabling user to extract animals not gaining at target ADG’s currently and over lifetime.
- Medications / Inoculations – Action reminders can be set up to remind the user of any inoculation or action that needs to be done on an animal at regular intervals or at a certain age. Medications can also be captured against each animal.
- Sale information – Records of the animals sold live at stock sales; as well as, the records of the buyers. The user can also select the animals he wishes to sell and then generate his own ‘Sales Catalogue’ with all the details a buyer would require, ie. Genetics, growth performance, number of calvings and pregnancy status. This is particularly useful for on farm sales.
- Feed consumption – If feed is being mixed by the user, he can keep records of stock of all raw materials, recipes of mixed feed and then record mixes made which automatically adjusts stock levels of ingredients as well as complete feed. Feed conversions, as well as cost per kilogram gained are calculated.
Why use Plan-A-Head Beef Management Software:
- Our Beef system has been developed with farmers and consultants
- Is easy to use
- Integrates with weighing devices
- Over 32 years experience in the field
- Many farmers trust in our Beef system
Need Assistance? Please feel free to give us a call, otherwise head over to our Support page.